SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The King University women's track & field team posted six more personal records over the weekend at the Wofford Relays. Kirstin Barton led the way recording two personal records, one at the Montreat Invitational and the other in the 1500 meter event.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Barton started off the weekend strong recording a personal record in the 10k event at the Montreat Invitational also placing at the top of the podium with a time of 38.28.67. Besting her previous time by 30 seconds.
- Barton also records a personal best time of 5:07.72 in the 1500 meter event at the Wofford Relays.
- In the 200 meters event, Larynn Clopton set a personal record with a time of 26.12 while placing 17th.
- Ashley Miller was another Tornado to set a personal record mark, this time in the javelin throw. Her mark of 23.31 gave her a 17th place finish. Miller also performed well in the hammer throw with a mark of 36.44 meters.
- Hannah Kusmierz was right behind her with her own personal record mark of 23.18.
- Brittany Nielson kept the personal record-breaking marks going with a personal record throw of 32.69 meters in the hammer throw.
- King is in action again on Friday, April 12 as they travel to Cullowhee, N.C. for the Beynon Sports Catamount Classic.