CULLOWHEE, N.C. – In their last meet before the Conference Carolinas Outdoor Track & Field Championships, the King University women's track and field team had a solid weekend at the Beynon Sports Catamount Classic. The weekend was highlighted by Kirstin Barton winning the 5000 meter run and numerous personal records.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Barton won the 5000 meter run on Friday by four seconds with a time of 18:40.18.
- In the same race, Rebekah Thomas set a personal record with a time of 20:09.34.
- The duo of Kaitlin Rivera and Meg Davis ran well in the 1500 meter run, crossing the finish line with times of 5:05.70 and 5:21.65, respectively.
- In the 400 meter hurdles, Whitney Christian finished seventh with a time of 1:10.12.
- Larynn Clopton finished ninth in the 200 meter dash with a time of 26.23 seconds.
- Ashley Miller posted a personal record in the hammer throw with a mark of 43.01 meters to finish seventh. Her previous best was 36.44 meters.
- In the shot put, Brittany Nielson finished ninth with a mark of 10.32 meters.
- Hannah Kusmierz set a personal record in the javelin with a mark of 27.89 meters, finishing eighth.
- King is in action again on April 26 and 27 at the Conference Carolinas Outdoor Track & Field Championships, hosted by Southern Wesleyan University in Central, S.C.