OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – The King University women's wrestling team sent two competitors to the University Nationals and Aleeah Gould led the way for the Tornado. Gould finished third at 48 kilograms while Cassidy Ferrell went 2-2 on the day.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Gould started her day with a 2:22 pin of Rhonda Johnson of Wayland Baptist University.
- She then fell toe Kateri Rowell on a 6-2 decision, dropping her to the consolation bracket.
- Gould rolled off four straight wins, all coming by pin. She first pinned Anissa Rodriguez of Missouri Baptist in 1:41 before pinning teammate Ferrell in 5:19.
- In the consolation semifinals, Gould pinned Brittnee Cook in 2:44 to setup a rematch with Rowell for third place.
- Gould came out on the other side this time, pinning Rowell in 4:29 to take third.
- Ferrell dropped her first bout of the day, but bounced back with a pair of wins to reach the consolation quarterfinals.
- She pinned Cecilia Saavedra of Lindenwood in 2:29 before defeating Savanna Barr 9-6.
- Her day came to an end against teammate Gould in the consolation quarterfinals.
- King will be in action again on April 27-29 at the U.S. World Team Trials in Las Vegas, Nev.