MARSHALL, Mo. – The King University women's wrestling team had a strong showing this year at the Missouri Valley Open. The Tornado brought home two more individual titles and finished second overall in team points.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jaclyn McNichols picked up a tech fall and fall at 101 on her way to the semi-finals but fell to the eventual champion Nina Pham. She would not be phased though, as she put together two more quick wins to reach the consolation finals and eventually take third overall.
- At 109 Aleeah Gould went on a three-match win streak, all of which were early falls. She saw the eventual champion in the quarter-finals and put a tough match together, but fell into consolation. Gould picked up two more wins on the day to finish sixth.
- Danielle Garcia grabbed two wins early at 116 but dropped a close one in the quarter-finals. She managed a flawless tech fall in consolation but would finish the day 3-2.
- At 123 the day was led for the Tornado by Cheyenne Sisenstein. Three pins in the first minute and two perfect 10-0 tech falls set up a first place finish for Cheyenne. She would defeat Tiana Jackson 14-6 in the finals.
- Phoenix Dubose also had a great performance this weekend at 123. She lost a close, early nail-biter to the other, eventual finalist but takes seventh after a five-match win streak.
- Allison Petix had a strong day as well at 130. She wins four straight on a cruise to the finals for a two-minute pin and another Tornado first place finish.
- At 136 Nicole Joseph also had a strong performance. Coming off a recent ankle injury she wins five straight, including three wins by fall to make the finals. Joseph would finish second on the day.
- Ana Luciano picks up four straight wins at 143 to advance to the semi-finals. Of these wins three were technical falls, but she would lose a close 3-2 decision to advance to the final and finish sixth on the day.
RESULTS BY WEIGHT CLASS
116lbs – Danielle Garcia 3-2
136lbs – Nicole Joseph 5-1, 2nd
155lbs – Hailey Cancelleri 2-2
191lbs – Nia Crosdale 1-2
- Thursday, November 21 at 7:00 p.m. The Tornado face Limestone at home in Bristol, Tenn.