BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's wrestling team put together an incredible performance against Limestone College this evening in the Student Center Complex. The Tornado came away from the match with three falls, three technical falls, three forfeits and did not allow Limestone to score a single point.
FINAL SCORE: King 45, Limestone 0
LOCATION: Student Center Complex; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 4-0; Limestone 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- At 101 Jaclyn McNichols received a forfeit to get the Tornado on top 5-0.
- Alleah Gould started the action and kicked the Tornado into high gear. After getting the first takedown she completes the transition and scores 8 back points in succession, ending the 109lb match by technical fall in the first period.
- Lesley Hernandez put together the shortest match of the night at 116lbs. Off the whistle she scores a quick takedown, taking Limestone to their back and ending the match in 11 seconds by fall.
- Alyssa Aceval received a forfeit at 130lbs, increasing the Tornado lead to 25-0.
- At 136lbs Nicole Joseph continues the streak. She also scores early in the match and transitions to 6 quick back points. She would end the match with a smooth takedown to lock in the first period technical fall.
- Ashlynn Ortega also followed suit. At 143lbs she scores at will, granting King another technical fall and doing so in only 53 seconds. This prompted King to a 33-0 lead.
- At 155lbs Hailey Cancelleri grabs a takedown and two back points in the first to set up a 4-0 lead. In the second period, she increases the intensity and scores 3 takedowns to finish up the technical fall for the Tornado.
- At 170lbs Ana Luciano very stylishly accepts a forfeit for the Tornado, increasing the match lead to 42-0.
- The final match of the evening would be the only to run its entirety. At 190 Nia Crosdale scores three hard earned points in the first. In the second she would score two takedowns to finish the bout 7-0.
- December 5 at 7:00 p.m. King competes at Ferrum College.