Louisville, Ky. – The King University women's wrestling team have finished 3rd at the NWCA National Duals this year. After a tough loss to #2 Simon Fraser, the Tornado rally and roll over #6 Colorado Mesa by a score of 33-15. Cheyenne Sisenstein led the Tornado with a 4-0 performance. Three of these wins were by fall and she only allowed one point scored over the entire tournament.
FINAL SCORE: #3 King 5, #2 Simon Fraser 34; #3 King 33, #6 Colorado Mesa 15
LOCATION: Freedom Hall; Louisville, Ky
RECORDS: King 9-1
HOW IT HAPPENED – SIMON FRASAER UNIVERSITY
- At 123 pounds #1 Cheyenne Sisenstein scored three team points for the Tornado with a 5-1 decision over Alexandra Hendrick.
- Ashlynn Ortega and Jordyn Godin also scored team points for King.
- Final score; King 5, Simon Fraser 34
HOW IT HAPPENED – COLORADO MESA
- #5 Aleeah Gould grabbed the first win by technical fall at 109 pounds by a score of 12-2 over #7 Anja Tschohl.
- #1 Cheyenne Sisenstein continued her dominance into the final match with a win over #4 Marissa Gallegos by fall at 123 pounds.
- #1 Allison Petix had a huge win at 130 pounds over #2 Cindy Sepeda. She would manage this win by fall in 1:56.
- At 143 pounds #1 Ashlynn Ortega punishes #5 Alma Mendoza by technical fall, score 12-2.
- #3 Ana Lucian won by fall at 155 pounds in an incredible 18 seconds.
- At 170 pounds #6 Haley Cancelleri put together a flawless 10-0 win by technical fall.
- #8 Tavi Heidelberg-Tillotson received a forfeit at 191 pounds.
- Final score; King 33, Colorado Mesa 15
- King competes at home for the Tornado Open on January, 19th