FRANKLIN SPRINGS, Ga. – The King University women's wrestling team traveled to Emmanuel College this evening for their final dual of the season. The Tornado had an outstanding showing with six wins by technical fall, one fall and a decision.to take the 32-10 victory.
FINAL SCORE: King 32, Emmanuel 10
LOCATION: Shaw Athletic Center; Franklin Springs, Ga.
RECORDS: King 10-1; Emmanuel 8-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Coming from a recent first place finish at the Bearcat Open, Jaclyn McNichols got the Tornado rolling with a dominate 14-4 victory by technical fall in the second period at 101 pounds.
- Aleeah Gould has also been on an absolute tear. She would punish yet another opponent with a flawless 11-0 win by technical fall in the second period.
- At 123 pounds Cheyenne Sisenstein would grab yet another technical fall for King. She managed this in the second period by another score of 14-4.
- Allison Petix was untouchable this evening at 130 pounds. She cashed in the second flawless technical fall for the Tornado by a score of 10-0 in the second period.
- Ana Luciano wasted no time at 136 pounds and grabbed the first and only pin of the evening for King in two minutes.
- At 143 pounds Ashlynn Ortega managed the fasted technical fall of the evening. She walked off the mat with another 10-0 victory in two minutes.
- Nia Crosdale has also been making noise for the Tornado. She grabs another win for King at 170 pounds by a score of 6-0.
- Tavi Heidelberg would finish the evening at 191 pounds with yet another flawless technical fall in 2:23 she had finished the match 11-0.
- On March 6-7 the Tornado travel to Adrian, Mich. to compete in the Women's National Collegiate Championship.