GREENEVILLE, Tenn. – The King University women's cross country team opened the season with an impressive showing at the Tusculum Open on Friday evening. Kirstin Barton finished runner-up, leading the Tornado to a third place finish.
KING RESULTS: 3rd of 10
LOCATION: Holston Home; Greeneville, Tenn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Barton covered the 5k distance in 20:56.2, finishing second.
- Rebekah Thomas also finished in the top 10, coming in eighth with a time of 21:28.5 in her collegiate debut.
- Not far behind was Kaitlin Rivera, finishing 12th with a time of 21:39.1.
- Hannah Kusmierz finished in the top 20, taking 19th with a time of 22:13.0.
- Freshmen Meg Davis and Christina Fulcher finished in 22:48.8 and 23:01.3, respectively.
- Coming in next for the Tornado were Brianna Barrett and Audrey McCormick who came in with times of 23:23.4 and 23:31.9, respectively.
- Grayson Howe finished in 24:36.1 in her first collegiate race.
- Emily Sutherland and Andrea Stansberry rounded out the team with times of 26:56.9 and 30:31.5, respectively.
FOR THE FOES
- Milligan College finished first with North Greenville University coming in second just ahead of the Tornado.
- Milligan's Gabrielle Mardis won the race with a time of 20:21.5.
- The Tornado are in action again on Friday when they travel to the Virginia Tech Alumni Meet.