BLACKSBURG, Va. – The King University women's cross took to the course for the second time this season, running a 6k race at the Virginia Tech Alumni Meet. The Tornado finished sixth overall and placed second among NCAA Division II teams.
KING RESULTS: 6th of 8
LOCATION: Buford Meredith Cross Country Course; Blacksburg, Va.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kirstin Barton led the Tornado with a 23rd place finish as she set a personal record with a time of 24:17.3.
- Kaitlin Rivera came in next for the Tornado, finishing 32nd with a time of 24:58.9.
- Not far behind was Rebekah Thomas who finished in 25:04.1.
- Hannah Kusmierz and Meg Davis were next for King, crossing the tape in times of 25:47.0 and 26:13.6, respectively.
- Christina Fulcher came in next with a time of 27:34.7.
- Crossing the finish line next was Brianna Barrett with a time of 27:46.7.
- Audrey McCormick and Grayson Howe rounded out the team with times of 28:21.9 and 28:56.9, respectively.
FOR THE FOES
- Virginia Tech finished first with the top Division II team, Concord University coming in fifth.
- Virginia Tech had the top three finishers, including the winner, Sarah Edwards with a time of 22:11.3.
- King returns to action on September 29 at the Greater Louisville Classic in Louisville, Ky.