CHARLOTTE, N.C. – In a deep field at the Royals Cross Country Challenge, the King University women's cross country team finished 22nd behind another personal record from Kirstin Barton. Barton finished 59th to lead the Tornado.
KING RESULTS: 22nd of 45 (16th of 30 NCAA Division II)
LOCATION: McAlpine Creek Park; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Barton posted her first career time under 19 minutes with a time of 18:43 to lead the Tornado. That marked her fourth time in four races this season she has set a personal record.
- Kaitlin Rivera and Hannah Kusmierz followed Barton with times of 19:37 and 19:40, respectively.
- Rebekah Thomas set a personal record and ran her first time under 20 minutes as she crossed the tape in 19:46.
- Meg Davis set a personal best for the third straight race with a time of 20:53.
- Audrey McCormick finished with a time of 22:06 while Brianna Barrett rounded out the team with a personal record time of 22:19.
FOR THE FOES
- Davidson College won the team title with Morehead State University taking second.
- Queens University was the top NCAA Division II team with Lee University coming in next and University of Mount Olive after them.
- Hanna Steelman of Wofford College was the top individual finisher with a time of 16:27.
- The Tornado are in action again on October 20 at the 12th Annual Sand Shark Invitational in Bluffton, S.C.