HARDEEVILLE, S.C. – In their final tune-up before the Conference Carolinas Championship, the King University women's cross country team finished 13th at the 12th Annual Sand Shark Invitational. Kirstin Barton led King with a 51st place finish.
KING RESULTS: 13th of 27 (5th of 8 NCAA Division II)
LOCATION: Sergeant Jasper Park; Hardeeville, S.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Barton crossed the tape in 19:45.2 to lead the Tornado.
- Rebekah Thomas came in next, finishing in 20:20.5.
- Kaitlin Rivera and Meg Davis weren't far behind, finishing in 21:05.4 and 21:06.2, respectively.
- Coming in next was Christina Fulcher who finished in 21:18.5 and Brianna Barrett who crossed the tape in 21:37.3.
- Grayson Howe rounded out the team, finishing in 22:53.3.
FOR THE FOES
- SCAD Atlanta finished first while Embry-Riddle University finished second.
- Emily Kearney of SCAD Atlanta won the individual title with a time of 17:30.4.
- King takes the course in Mount Olive, N.C. for the Conference Carolinas Championship on November 3.