MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. – The King University women's cross country team put together a solid race at the Conference Carolinas Championship, taking third. The Tornado were led by all-conference performer Kirstin Barton who took fourth.
KING RESULTS: 3rd of 11
LOCATION: Mount Olive, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Barton led the way for the Tornado, finishing fourth with a new personal record time of 23:07.7, her first time under 24 minutes.
- Rebekah Thomas missed out on all-conference recognition by one spot, finishing 16th with a personal best time of 24:29.6.
- Not far behind was Kaitlin Rivera who finished 17th with a time of 24:36.0.
- Meg Davis set a personal record, crossing the tape in 24:50.2.
- Coming in next for the Tornado was Hannah Kusmierz, finishing in 25:14.2.
- Christina Fulcher set a personal best with a time of 25:27.9.
- Brianna Barrett Grayson Howe both posted personal records with times of 26:02.4 and 27:12.8, respectively.
- Audrey McCormick and Emily Sutherland rounded out the Tornado contingent with times of 27:52.2 and 31:34.3, respectively.
FOR THE FOES
- The University of Mount Olive finished first while North Greenville University finished second and King took third.
- Mount Olive had the top five of the top six finishers, including the top three. Shona Blades was the champion with a time of 22:38.4.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Barton's finish gives her first team all-conference accolades for the first time in her career.
- King will be in action again on November 17 at the NCAA Division II Southeast Regional Championship hosted by the University of North Georgia in Dahlonega, Ga.