OAKWOOD, Ga. – The King University women's cross country team finished 13th at the NCAA Southeast Region Cross Country Championship on Saturday morning. The Tornado were led by All-Southeast Region performer Kirstin Barton who finished 20th.
KING RESULTS: 13th of 23
LOCATION: University of North Georgia Gainesville Campus; Oakwood, Ga.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Barton crossed the tape in 23:30.18, finishing 20th and setting a personal record by 47 seconds.
- Kaitlin Rivera came in next for King with a time of 24:52.83, taking 59th place.
- Meg Davis wasn't far behind, finishing in 25:06.56.
- Crossing the finish line next for King was Rebekah Thomas who finished in 25:21.27.
- Brianna Barrett came in next with a time of 26:45.72 and Christina Fulcher wasn't far behind with a time of 26:46.35.
- Hannah Kusmierz rounded out the team with a time of 28:46.86.
FOR THE FOES
- Queens University was the regional champion while Flagler College finished second and Anderson University took third.
- Leah Hanle of the University of Mount Olive was the individual champion with a time of 21:39.36.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Barton earned All-Region honors, becoming the first Tornado to garner All-Region recognition since 2014 when Amelia Martin was named All-Region.