CARTERSVILLE, Ga. – The King University women's cross country team had a solid showing at the Wingfoot Classic on Friday night. The Tornado finished fifth overall and second among NCAA Division II teams.
KING RESULTS: 5th of 14 (2nd of 5 NCAA Division II)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In her first race of the year, Kirstin Barton finished in 20:05.6, giving her a 40th place finish.
- Kaitlin Rivera and Katy Neubert crossed the tape next with times of 20:19.6 and 20:21.4, respectively.
- Coming in next for the Tornado was Rebekah Thomas, finishing in 21:00.1.
- Meg Davis wasn't far behind, crossing the finish line in 21:01.7.
- Finishing in 21:49.5 was Grayson Howe while Brianna Barrett finished in 22:59.4.
- Audrey McCormick finished in 24:02.6 and Emily Sutherland crossed the tape in 27:24.5.
FOR THE FOES
- The University of South Alabama finished first, followed by Samford University and the University of North Georgia.
- Carolien Millenaar of South Alabama was the individual winner with a time of 17:36.3 while Nicole McMillen of Tusculum University finished second at 17:37.0.
- The Tornado run again on Friday at the Queen City Invitational in Charlotte, N.C.